Where is Gatewen Hall?
Situated in the heart of North Wales, Gatewen Hall is just a short drive from Wrexham and its variety of amenities. Maintaining a glorious rural position, Gatewen is also just a train journey or drive away from big cities like Birmingham, Liverpool and Manchester. For a taste of the country but with all the benefits of nearby bustling towns and cities, Gatewen Hall is in the ideal location for easy rural living.
WrexhamWrexham is a town which has grown over the years and now granted city status. Recently Wrexham has become known worldwide as a result of Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney, the new celebrity owners of Wrexham football club. Able to be seen from Gatewen’s windows yet far enough away to not intrude on privacy or quality of life, it is the ideal location for shopping, schools and other essential services. With history dating back to the Mercian Conquest, once a small market town, Wrexham is now the fourth most populated area in Wales and a popular living location for both families and professionals. Gatewen Hall is just a five-minute drive from Wrexham General Station and ten minutes to the centre of the town where a variety of high street and independent shops can be found. Great for shopping, sightseeing and education, Wrexham also has a direct train line to Birmingham and Chester as well as a connecting service to Manchester. There are a number of useful and notable places in Wrexham which are just a short distance from Gatewen Hall. These include:
- Wrexham Maelor Hospital- a large NHS hospital
- Racehorse Ground- (football & Rugby) the oldest still used international stadium in the world
- Acton Park- once the grounds of Acton Hall, the seat of the Jeffreys family
- Yale College of Wrexham- one of the largest colleges in Wales and rapidly expanding.
- Wrexham General and Wrexham Central stations- both provide transport to cities
- Eagles Meadow- a modern shopping complex in the centre of Wrexham
- The Parish Church of St Giles- a wonderful example of Gothic architecture